PROPER USE OF THIS PRODUCT
Always take this product as stated in this guide. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure
Individuals under 18 years of age should not use Nic-Hit gum unless prescribed by a doctor.
Take, into your mouth, one or two gums, 1-24 times per day. Use the second gum if you continue to desire nicotine. If 2 gums are required, future uses may be delivered as 2 gums per use.
The maximum daily use is 48 gums per day.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT
(RISK INFORMATION AND CAUTIONS)
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other product or medication obtained with or without a prescription This is especially important if you are taking medications containing such ingredients as:
- Theophylline to treat asthma
- Clozapine for schizophrenia
- Ropinirole to treat Parkinson’s disease
Consult your doctor before using this product if you have or have had heart, thyroid, circulation, stomach or mouth problems, high blood ressure, or if you are taking insulin or any prescription medicine
Do not use for more than six (6) months without consulting a doctor
Discontinue using this product and consult your doctor if irregular heartbeat, chest pain or leg pain occurs or if severe persistent stomach upset (indigestion, heartburn) develops.
- Consult your dentist or doctor if injury or irritation to the mouth, teeth or gum or around dentures occurs
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not smoke, chew tobacco, use snuff or any other nicotine product while using this product since it may result in an overdose of nicotine.
- Do not use if you are under 18 years of age
- Do not use if you are allergic to nicotine or any of the other ingredients in this product
- In case of overdose or if a child takes one or more nicotine gums, contact your doctor or local poison control center at once. Children are especially sensitive to the effects of even small doses of nicotine.
Nicotine ingredient in each dosage strength:
1mg of nicotine (as nicotine polacrilex)
Other ingredients in this product:
Gum powder, flavor, silicon dioxide, calcium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, sweetener, magnesium stearate.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
- This product may cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. Nic-Hit can give the same side effects as other methods of consuming nicotine. The side effects generally depend on the intensity of the quantity you take.
- Normal side effects may include hiccups, headache, nausea, local tingling or burning sensation in the mouth, changes in taste perception, dryness or increased amounts of saliva in the mouth or throat or feelings of indigestion
- Common side effects may include irritability, aggression, impatience or frustration, anxiousness, restlessness, problem concentrating, sleep disturbance, increased appetite or weight gain, depression, urges to smoke, lowered heart rate, bleeding gums or dizziness
- Less common side effects may include cough, pain or discomfort in the abdomen or chest, vomiting, flatulence or diarrhea, tightness or numbness of the throat and fatigue.
- Rare side effects may include running nose, stuffiness, sneezing/wheezing (bronchospasm), bleeding, changes in how things smell, effort to breathe (dyspnea), skin flushing, cold sweat, eye irritation/ increased tear production. Pain/ tension or discomfort in muscles or joints, toothache, inflammation of the tongue or gums, damage to lining of the mouth, changes in the sound of your voice, palpitations or fast heart rate, decreased appetite, hypersensitivity (allergy) including rash and / or itching (pruritus, urticaria)
- If you experience a side effect that worries you, or if you have a side effect not listed in this guide, consult your doctor or pharmacist.